Founded on May 15th, 1851, Alpha Delta Pi is the oldest secret society for college women. Established at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia by Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald alongside her five friends. Our symbol is a diamond and the four points symbolize strengthening character and personality, watching attitudes toward fellow beings, recognizing the value of high educational standards, and developing faith and loyalty. Our lion mascot, Alphie, represents strength, courage, and justice. Azure blue and white are the official colors of Alpha Delta Pi. Blue is symbolic of friendship, the basic spirit upon which ADPi is founded. White symbolizes sincerity and truth. To this day we strive to lead a life that expresses our open motto "We live for each other."
The Eta Chapter's History
The Eta Chapter was installed as the second sorority at The University of Alabama in 1907. Since then, we have grown into the third largest ADPi chapter internationally. Currently, our chapter is home to 457 collegiate members. The current Eta house was built in 2013 and it is our third house on campus. The house is 19,000 square feet and sleeps sixty of our members.